tag

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bryant Park on a Friday Evening

Summertime in New York City can either be the best or the worst. Tonight, after a 102˚day, with the temperature still in the high 80s, it stinks. But last Friday night, it was wonderful to be a New Yorker at large in NYC.



I was going to write about Bryant Park, which, if you didn't know it back in the 1970s and early 1980s, before it was restored, you wouldn't know what a long-time resident of the city feels when he sits in it now. Anyway, there I was, Friday evening after work, waiting to meet some friends, with my camera. I walked around, I sat at a small table, I chatted with a couple of tourists and I took some pictures that describe the evening rather well.

1 comment:

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.