tag

Monday, November 28, 2011

Finger Lakes Mini-vacation Day 2 Part 1 - Geneva NY part 1

Saturday morning, after a leisurely and delicious breakfast at the John Morris Manor in Seneca Falls, the B&B where we stayed, we drove west on US 20 through Seneca Falls to Geneva. Geneva is a small city that is waiting to happen again. More on that later.
This is the first of quite a few pictures I took walking around the downtown on a pleasant Saturday morning. The four pictures of toy cars are for my friend Ron, who collects toy cars. They were in a large store divided into antique dealers' stalls. There's all sorts of interesting things to see there, and I am still thinking about what I might want that I saw.
I don't know much about the Headless Sullivan Theater, except it's been there every time I go. The Bentley is parked on a side street. It has some serious damage to its front right bumper. It's parked in front of a second hand store - that's furniture, appliances, dishes, glassware, tvs, knick knacks, you name it. There's a wooden Indian in front of the store. You can see it on the left side of the picture. That's Seneca lake in the background.

The Comedy Playhouse Bar and Restaurant's story I simply don't know.
Much more to come over the next few days.

I want to add, I like Geneva. More on that, too.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.