tag

Thursday, November 10, 2011

This is Maine

Just one photo. I've been wanting to get a photo of this caution sign since the first time I drove to Bar Harbor, about 4 1/2 years ago with my daughter. All other times, I was behind the wheel so I couldn't shoot the picture. My daughter tried, but without success. This trip, I was in the passenger seat with a ready camera in my lap. I missed the one between the 148 and 149 mile marker on southbound I95, and another one, as well, but I was fortunate to snag this shot through the front windshield of my ex-wife's car.

I don't know why this more than anything else I've seen in Maine over the past few years says "Maine" to me, but it does. And it helps to know how far I am from state's capital, and from it's largest city. Maine is bigger than people who don't drive across the state realize, and very empty except along the coastal regions. It is also very beautiful.

If you click on the picture, it will get bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.