tag

Monday, October 15, 2012

In Shalom Neuman's studio with Maynard and the Musties and The Ghost Gamblers


On October 1, 2012 I journeyed to Brooklyn. Those who know me know I don't do this often, since Brooklyn is out-of-the-way for me, a turn down a cul-de-sac rather than the off-ramp to someplace interesting. I grew up in Queens, went to high school in Manhattan and later lived in Washington Heights, Inwood, the Upper West Side and Stuyvesant Square. I eventually migrated to northern Westchester yet, as I tell people, I simply prefer to sleep where it's quiet, in the woods.

The reason for my going to Brooklyn was an opportunity to shoot some photos of two bands in front of the work of Fusion Artist Shalom Neuman, in his studio somewhere in the heart of darkness - I mean Brooklyn. Shalom's work blends the plastic with the animate, electronics with tradition. Stand in front of a piece and it starts telling you a story, or making music. When you finish looking at the photos, click on the link to see more of his stuff.

The two bands are Maynard and the Musties and The Ghost Gamblers. The session was . . . well, here's a few photos.

Though the photos are mine, the art that surrounds these musicians is all Shalom's, and I want to thank him for letting me into his studio to shoot these pictures.














































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.