tag

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chavisa Woods' The Albino Album release party


Chavisa Woods holding a copy of The Albino Album
Just over a month ago there was a book release party and reading at Dixon Place on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, to celebrate the publication of Chavisa Woods' second book, The Albino Album. Trumpets and huzzahs, please, because from what I've been told, the book deserves it. I haven't read it yet because I gave the copy I bought to my daughter.

It was an amazing group of people who gathered for the the event. They crossed between a couple of worlds: Queer NY and a branch of literary NY called the Unbearables, people associated with A Gathering of the Tribes and Steve Cannon, and of course, Chavisa's friends and family.

Here are photos of the readers and performers and some of the celebrants. I wish I knew the names of all the people I photographed. If you know and recognize some that I haven't tagged, I'd be happy to add their name.

Jim Feast - Master of Ceremonies
The book is published by Seven Stories Press available at fine independent bookstores such as Posman Books and the St. Marks Bookshop in NYC.

It is an exciting novel, and though at best I am only a friendly acquaintance of Chavisa's, I was happy to be part of the event.

The final part of the event was a pagan ritual to bless the book and Chavisa with luck and prosperity. I'll get those up soon.



http://kayester.blogspot.com/2013/03/chavisa-woods-albino-album-release-party.html






Ron Kolm



Dorothy Friedman








Steve Cannon and Chavisa Woods






Steve Dalachinsky


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.