tag

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

RIP Thomas Elias Weatherly - American Poet

The poet Thomas Elias Weatherly, with whom I worked in the late 1970s and 1980s at the Strand Bookstore in NYC, and with whom I remained friends afterwards, passed away. In memory of him, a few old photos. When I have a chance, I'll post more recent ones, but I've got to find them first.

Weatherly was the author of several collections of poetry including "Mau Mau American Cantos" and "The History of the Saxophone." He grew up in Scottsboro, AL, and spent many years living in NYC. He was married and divorced, had several children and a lot of friends. The past few years he split his time between NYC and Alabama.



http://kayester.blogspot.com/2014/07/rip-thomas-elias-weatherly-american-poet.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.