tag

Tuesday, June 7, 2011



I am trying something for the first time. I've been wanting to put up a slideshow rather than a long string of photos. The little movie here is a group of photos I took over the weekend. There's no narrative but I did write a little intro that is below the movie. If it works I might go back and do something like this for some of the other photo entries.

I drove from Chappaqua NY to Bar Harbor ME on Saturday and then back to New York on Sunday. It's a long drive - about 460 miles each way. Going up I was alone. I stopped for lunch with a friend in Portland, ME, which is about 3/5 of the way. Coming back, I was with my daughter. We stopped in Portsmouth, NH for lunch.

Bar Harbor's a beautiful place. It sits on the north eastern end of Mount Desert Island. Rising above it is Cadillac Mountain, the highest point on the US Atlantic coast, a part of Acadia National Park. It gets very dramatic on a night with just a few clouds in the sky.

Portsmouth, NH is a picturesque little city. It's a couple of hours north of Boston and I think there were a lot of day visitors there when my daughter and I were passing through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.