tag

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Someone recently asked me to send him photos I took at one of his performances. I did, but not as quickly as he liked. I explained, gently, I hope, that photography is not how I earn a living, and therefor it sometimes comes second.

That said, I've been shooting a lot of photos, including several informal projects. What i haven't been doing is looking at my photos, picking the best for each series, doing the necessary editing and putting them into a coherent whole before mounting them in little online exhibitions.

I think it's time for me to stop taking so many photos and spend more time doing something with the one's I've taken.

Here's a small sample of what I was doing in January

It was a snowy winter in NYC - especially from late December through January 2011. I took a few photos and now that it's almost summer, it's time to show them.

I like photographing the people on the streets around me. Only occasionally is that person set in bronze. Gertrude in the snow was too stoic to leave out.












And when it comes to getting around the big city, nothing beats a bike - except for the subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.