tag

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Trump a hypocrite? Surely I jest, right? Wrong.

Who doesn't love a bit of irony in the news? With Donald J. Trump you can be sure he doesn't know came out with his latest product, the large print God Bless America Bible. You can buy one complete with his image, the Declaration of Independence, the Pledge of Allegiance and the US Constitution and the complete complete King James Version of the Bible. It's got to be the most massively hypocritical thing the past month. 

Friday afternoon I met a friend for a beer at Urban Space. When we arrived it was crowded with a group of Italian high-schoolers, 18 year-olds in NYC for a project at the UN and to do some tourist stuff. They were excited, they were eating burgers and such from the stands at Urban Space and they were friendly. The few I spoke with let me take their photos. Here are some.

After that I trekked down to Curry Hill where I had dinner with some family and then I went to onew of my favorite places to shop for groceries in NYC, Kalustyan on Lexington Ave. between E. 28th and E. 29th Streets. They carry and amazing variety of spices, grains, sweets, prepared food and so much more that I could spend an hour cataloging some of their goods and not be done. I bought some mushroom popcorn, a variety that makes chewy and fluffy puffball shaped popcorn. I made a bowl tonight and it was very popcornlike with just a bit more chew to it than the regular yellow or white kernels from the supermarket.

I took a shot down an aisle. The place is so well stocked with so many things it's almost impossible to stay in focus. And then a shopper who was in a zone shopping their overstuffed shelves for new things to cook and two women, friend, who had moments before been demonstrating to each other what they would do if someone randomly took a punch at one of them. The woman on the right said she run after the assailant.

I got out of there with the popcorn, some Lebanese halavah and some pineapple rings. Whew. If my pack wasn't already fairly full who know how much I'd have bought.

First the youthful Italian vistors, then the Kalustyan shoppers below:











Permalink



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.