tag

Monday, March 4, 2013

Miller Puckette at the Computer Music Center at Columbia Univ. 2/28/2013

I've been bad. Now I'm going to try to be good. I've fallen behind on all the projects I meant to post and I don't have a good excuse, just a lot of good photos waiting to be selected, edited and displayed.

Anyway, Miller Puckette is both a musician who works with technology and a technologist who woks with music. He marries the two and makes things worth listening to. As it turns out, he's worth listening to even when he's not making music but talking about it.

Here's a link to the event at the Computer Music Center. He's under the rubric "Miller Puckette @ CMC". There's no permalink.

I took a few photos of him and some of the people who were there to hear him. My apologies to Brad Garton and Terry Pender, who were sitting right in front of me, so I couldn't get shots of them.







Eric Lyon was there. If you know who he is, he's in New York City for a few months: go hear his music. If you don't know who he is, that's an even better reason to go hear him.



 If you know anything about the history of music synthesizers, you might recognize the Buchla synthesizer back there. I don't know how many of them there still exist but there's a rumor about special coatings used in the ones with the red panel. I feel good that I got it into these pictures.

Oh yeah, the 

http://kayester.blogspot.com/2013/03/miller-puckette-at-computer-music.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.