tag

Friday, July 1, 2022

Portraits from the NYC Queer Liberation March 6/26/2022 - 2

 Here is the first group of pictures from the Queer Liberation March.

These were taken at Foley Square in downtown Manhattan, where the people gathered in preparation for the peaceful, uncommercial, moderate and radical march to Washington Square. They began to arrive around 1PM for the 2PM start. There were several thousand there when I arrived a few minutes after 1PM.

I wandered through the crowd, chatting with some of the people and taking photos. I asked a number of people if it was okay for me to take a photo for this blog and all of these agreed to gently strike their own pose for me.











Everyone I spoke with, everyone with a sign was there either as part of or to support as ally the community of LGBTQIA2S+  and other people under assault for otherness whether gender, race, ethnicity or immigration status. They also stood firmly for keep reproductive rights available for all.

I'll post more portraits and later, photos from the gathering and the march. 

Permalink

https://kayester.blogspot.com/2022/07/portraits-from-nyc-queer-liberation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.