tag

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Feb 13, 2024, a snow day with photos in southern NY state and a rant against Trump.

 While I refuse to believe Donald Trump is an idiot I believe like an idiot, he doesn't know what's best for himself. For a man who claims on one hand that he supported some controls on firearms during his term as president to claim now that he did nothing during his presidency to curb the ownership of firearms speaks a cognitive problem that might be the onset of dementia, though I know many will argue he's been demented for quite a long time. One day saying he'll be a dictator on day one if elected to the presidency and then after seeing how poorly that went over, even among some of his base, announcing he's just kidding. Give me a break. It seems at times he doesn't know which way he's going, nor his left hand from his right. To have proudly claimed he was a sexual abuser in that famous though now often forgotten "Access Hollywood" tape and then to have claimed he never met Jean Carroll seems not only highly disingenuous but possibly another sign of a cognitive disorder. And then this week to have said he'd let Putin do whatever he wants makes me wonder if Putin has some seriously harmful evidence of Trump's sexual perversion, political indebtedness and general corruption. Could it be that Donald is working as an unregistered agent of a foreign power? Leave NATO, that's Trump.

I struggle as I write this to think of something nice to say about the man. Let me think. If you are a racist, then Trump's your man. If you think enabling antisemites and white supremacy is a way to make America great, then Trump's your man. If you think the best way for the USA to deal with a very dangerous world is by building a wall around the country and then burying your head in the sand, then Trump's your man. Remember, this is the man who praised President of the People's Republic of China as a great leader but wants to put tariffs of up to 60% on their exports to the USA, who said that he and Kim of the Peoples' Republic of North Korea were like lovers ... well you can finish that sentence. And did I mention climate change? I'm not sure Trump knows the difference between weather and climate, and I believe he doesn't really care.

He is a man who will say and do anything he thinks will get his followers riled up so that they'll show up at the polls.

I am sure among the several dozen people who read my blog there are some who will see Trump labeled a racist and say I'm wrong. There are people who will feel confirmed in their prejudices and feel good about it. Well, they ought to think about who they are. If they are God-fearing people, they should worry about how they as sinners will fare in the hands of an angry God.

And don't get me started about the bootlicking, brown-nosed Trumpites in Congress. And you do know how their noses got brown, don't you?

Enough ranting for the moment. It was a lovely, snow-filled morning here, 30 miles north of NYC. The snow started during the night and by the time I got up before sunrise there were several inches of the fluffy white stuff on the cars parked in the driveway, in the yard and even in the road. Though the plows were out it was snowing heavily enough that it was accumulating to keep the roads treacherous.

I started by taking pictures toward the road and then after sunrise, around the house. 

Do I think the pictures are good ones? Well, would I post them if I didn't? But ask me if I think they are boring or contemplative and I will say that's up to you.

Considering I was told this was to be a nor'easter I will only ask, where was the wind?

And what can be cuter than a kitty in the window watching the snow falling?





















 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.