tag

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Random Hello 3: Three people in two places.

Random Hello 3:  Three people in two places.

12/21/2013
Metro North Harlem Line
Name: Jesse Longman
Occupation: Playwright (I think)
I was with my friend Bob, heading home from the city on the 11:10 train. He was sitting opposite the woman, with his Playbill in his hand. She asked what we had seen. We got into a conversation with her about theater - which she works in, books, film and photography. It was a curious coincidence but she said she knows my friends Yuko Otono and Steve Dalachinsky.

She was living in Westchester because she didn't want to pay Manhattan rent. She looked for interesting locations in the county to put on productions of her plays. She could speak Russian and lived for awhile in Saint Petersburg.

Susan Winthrop
Musician
Susan was sitting next to Bob and she joined in the conversation. She plays a brass instrument - I think she said trombone but it might have been trumpet - with a big band that plays at the Tarrytown Music Hall.  She also does audio and video work.






1/2/2014
NE corner Broadway at E.23rd st.
Nane: Lauren
Occupation: Cook
A couple of minutes before I took this photo she ducked under my camera while I was shooting a couple who'd given their camera to someone to shoot them in front of the tree in the reflecting pool near the Farragut Memorial.

I told her it was okay, and I told her what I was doing. We walked through the park, and after we were out on the street I asked her if I could take a picture of her.


She told me she'd misplaced her passport, which was bad because she was going to the Cayman's with her parents in a week.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.