tag

Sunday, December 9, 2018

A miscellany - how many will it be?

Since I will never catch up with all the photos I've been taking and only recently started to look at them seriously again, as much for printing as for on-line publishing, there will be more miscellanies and fewer thematic posts.

This, I think, is good.

Let me start with two shots of one of my cats. 
Her name is Bits. It isn't the name she had at Pet's Alive, the shelter where I got her from, which I cannot remember. When I took her home, she was over a year old, though exactly how much older nobody knew for sure. She was found in someone's yard, bedraggled, abandoned and pregnant. Her kittens were born and weaned in the shelter. All of them had been adopted in the month before I spotted her. It was immediate friendship, maybe even love, though her trust had to be won. She came into my arms and looked me in the eye and signaled that she wanted to go home with me.

She was a little leery at first, concerned, I imagine, that we were not going to keep her for the rest of her life. She didn't need to be, she was a perfect companion: polite, playful and always hanging out wherever we were. 

It's been 2 1/2 years now and she is still addicted to the laser dot. She jumps into my lap when I'm reading at the dining room table, lies down on me when I'm in bed, and is always hanging around the humans. Lucky cat, lucky humans.

In the first picture she is looking out at something, probably a bird or squirrel, in the snow in the backyard.  The second picture was taken on New Year's Eve 2017-2018.  She likes to watch for me through the kitchen window, so I might have just come into the house.


This photo was shot a few months ago in the Park Ave. tunnel between E. 45th and E. 46th St. It doesn't matter what was there before, and it doesn't matter what it is now. This was the intermediate stage, and to my eye it looked like a robotic face and it seemed to be looking at me.


This is a typical December scene in midtown Manhattan. That part of the island is flooded with people from somewhere else - during an average week NYC gets more than a million visitors - and they clog the sidewalks, block the intersections and in general behave as if this is a place where they don't have to behave. That sign, "Rough Road"describes the pedestrian's lot in NYC.





And finally, three people standing on a corner in Midtown. I like this picture. You can tell me what you think it's about.





 Permalink




https://kayester.blogspot.com/2018/12/a-miscellany-how-many-will-it-be.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.