tag

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Miscellany 3 - Maybe the blog's title is more appropriate than I thought.

I had dinner tonight with one of my kids. One of the ways they describe themself is as non-binary weirdo. I pitched in to say I'm weirder and they agreed.

One of the ways I am weird is I talk to strangers on the street, with neither fear nor embarrassment. I kid around by saying my mother always told me to never talk to strangers and I answered her by saying, "Mom, then I can't talk to myself because nobody's stranger than me."

These four photos were taken on Fifth Avenue in NYC on the sidewalk outside the New York Public Library. In the first, I told this guy he really rocked his look and he nodded, wordlessly agreeing.

The next three is a family grouping, a tourist family pausing in front of a building that combines great beauty, considerable significance and an amazing amount of human knowledge.

I took the first two of these three while they were in the act of selfying - is that a word? If not it should be - and asked as they shot themselves if I could get a family portrait. I ended up with three, together capturing the essence of 21st Century tourists and casual portraiture.

I happen to love these as a group and when I print them, I'm putting them on one large sheet. They belong together.

Comments are welcome.

If you are interested in quality signed prints, please let me know and we can discuss it.


https://kayester.blogspot.com/2018/12/miscellany-3-maybe-blogs-title-is-more.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.