tag

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Miscellany #4 - short and sweet and a little bit of self-promotion

Last week I left my camera on the train when I got off at my northern Westchester station. I felt this wass sort of fate, since I was starting to shop for a new one but put it on hold because during the past six months I ran into a bunch of large bills when I had to replace items that all wore out around the same time. In all, I sent close to $15000 cash and drained my saving for a camera and lenses account. And since I still had my old camera I wasn't desperate. And then that was gone.
So I went home, made a few calls until at last I connected to a Metro North Police officer who had me describe what I'd lost, what train where I was sitting, etc. He took my phone number and promised to get back to me when he had news. 
I sat down at my computer and started a GoFundMe campaign.
As it happens, a few hours later, thanks to the efforts of the MetroNorth police, I had my camera back, minus the lens cap. But I still need a new camera, I don't have the handy cash to buy it, and so I am leaving the campaign active if you feel inclined to contribute.

Here's the link - https://www.gofundme.com/photographer-needs-to-upgrade

All contributions of $40 or higher will receive a print of the photo of the contributors choice, when I make the goal. 

Additionally, fine prints - mostly on 8 1/2 x 11 inch photo paper, some larger, are available for sale. If you are interested you can email me at camera at jommelli dot org.

And with that bit of self-promotion out of the way, here are four more for your enjoyment.

I will only comment on the second. It was shot at Eisenberg's, probably one of the last old-school luncheonette's in Midtown Manhattan. They have two catch phrases, Either you get it or you don't and, Raising New York City's Cholesterol since 1929. I imagine that, except for the celebrity photos on the walls, it pretty much looks the same as it did 90 years ago.


I hope you enjoy these.


 Permalink
https://kayester.blogspot.com/2018/12/miscellany-4-short-and-sweet.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.