tag

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Maynard Helgaas: Death of a Local Hero: part 3

I continue the posting of the photos I took at on 8/4 and 8/5 during and around the funeral of Maynard Helgaas in  Jamestown, ND.

Tonight's post is a short one. These are photos I pulled out that serve as family portraits, some group, some individual.

The people in them are, for the most part relatives or in-laws. Some of these people I know fairly well, having spent extended time with them. Others are a little closer than acquaintance, and some are people I've only just met. That we all took time out to be there for the Helgaas children and siblings regardless of distance or inconvenience, added to the sense of kinship. You don't have hang out with people for half a century to feel close to them.

Tomorrow I'll post another batch.











Permalink

https://kayester.blogspot.com/2022/08/maynard-helgaas-death-of-local-hero_01824099683.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.