tag

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Thursday's pair - Momento mori

Today, I need to do something different.

If you've followed me for years, or explored my posts across several years, you know I am a first generation American and a second generation Holocaust survivor.

The first generation of Holocaust survivors is now quite old - there aren't many left and I fear that this new danger, the Covid-19 virus, will be the end for this generation.

In the past week two died. I knew them both well, one for my whole life. I am sad, I am grieving but I go on. Look upon their aged faces and recognize that one day, we all share this fate.

RIP Karl Birenbaum and Teddy Weisbord.

 Permalink
https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/04/thursdays-pair-momento-mori.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.