tag

Monday, February 6, 2023

Last day in the the city before surgery

 At the end of 2022 I had something done to me that needed to be done: I had total knee replacement surgery. It's less than 6 weeks since my old, worn out joint was replaced with a brand new titanium and plastic one. 

Recuperation and recovery have been interesting, to say the least. The first few days were difficult but not impossible thanks to advice from the surgeon and nurses at the hospital: take the pain killers, ice the knee, sleep with the leg extended so gravity could help,, move around as much as possible with walker and cane and eat lots of good food.

The first two pieces of advice was most important.

I've been walking unassisted since the end of the first week. I began outside PT 10 days after surgery and though it's torture some of the time, it's paying off so I keep going back. Now I can walk up a flight of stairs step on step, go to the supermarket and walk the aisles, and more. Sitting still causes the knee to start aching but now, it's after a half hour. Sleeping through the night is still the hardest, but I've been told that will continue until the wound is mostly healed.

All of this means I haven't been taking a lot of photos. Those I've taken are mostly of my cats. I'll be starting up soon.

So here are a couple  I took  the last day of 2022 that I went into the city.

These photos are neither terrible nor great, they are what they are. One of them fits with the Street corner Theater series. 



Permalink: https://kayester.blogspot.com/2023/02/last-day-in-the-city-before-surgery.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.