tag

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Looking Back: Grand Forks ND, May 2011

 I am surprised I never posted any of the photos I took walking around Grand Forks after exchanging the rented car at Grand Forks International Airport - from whence you can fly anywhere in the world if you are willing to fly through Minneapolis. If I'm wrong and someone finds I did, please remind me in the comments since I cannot find them here.

Looking at the photos I took and thinking about my trip in August 2022 to Jamestown and Fargo, ND, I realize that the downtown areas were built around the same time and that there is a similarity in the architecture of the oldest and the older buildings. I've noticed a similar thing among the towns along US 20/NY 5 in the Finger Lakes region of NY state. This observation is not a criticism, it's a recognition that regional styles were and are also temporal styles.

I didn't spend a lot of time selecting the photos but just browsed through all I took there and all but randomly picked these.

I wonder, has anyone out there ever had Widman's chocolate covered potato chips?









Permalink:

https://kayester.blogspot.com/2023/02/looking-back-grand-forks-nd-may-2011.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.