tag

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Reviewing photos from 2011 - late spring, Fertile, MN

Fertile, MN is a small city in northwestern Minnesota. The 2010 census determined its population was 842. It's gone down since then. It's where my wife was born and raised, so for this native New Yorker, it certainly would've been a long shot that we would've met, connected and made our relationship work. Culturally, there's more in common between a NYer and a Parisian than a NYer and the daughter of a farmer from Fertile.

Since I have in-laws there, as well as my wife's nieces and nephews, I've been there a few times. I mentioned in a previous post that in 2011 I was there with my wife for her great-nephew's high school graduation. We stayed outside the town but we were there every day.

I'm not sure if the places in these photos are still there or not, or if perhaps the businesses have changed. I selected these because I like them. I'll probably post more as I continue to recuperate and review.





Permalink:

https://kayester.blogspot.com/2023/02/reviewing-photos-from-2011-late-spring.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.