tag

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

7/22/2023 Ron Kolm's "Bookstore Book: a Memoir" reading in Easton PA (catching up #1)

 Shalom Neuman, artiste extraordinaire asked me get my butt to Easton to emcee a reading to celebrate the release of Ron Kolm's latest book, "The Bookstore Book: A memoir." I said sure.

It was short notice, it was summer so I am glad he got some people to show up to read and make music. Other people stopped by to listen.

When I wasn't emceeing I too some photos. What did you expect me to do?

It was a lovely day.

A shout out to Andy Laties and Rebecca Migdal, booksellers extraordinaire of Book and Puppet right in the heart of Easton PA, for setting up and letting us read in front of their shop.

If you don't know his work, Ron's a terrific writer who deserves a larger audience, despite how self-deprecating he can be. This small book documents some of the nearly half century of working in bookstores with cameos by Tom Verlaine, Patti Smith, Charles Bukowski and others. None of these made it to the reading except perhaps in spirit.

Ron Kolm

Andy Laties, Rebecca Migdal

Andy Laties

a reader for Sasha

Sasha

Lee Klein

Koray Girton

Shalom Neuman

Ron Kolm, Rebecca Migdal, Andy Laties

Rebecca Migdal

Koray, Lee, Shalom

Permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.