tag

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

8/19/2023 - A reading at the IF Museum, Easton, PA (catching up #3)

It was the evening of my brother's yahrzeit and memories of him were with me throughout the night. He died eight years ago on that date on the Hebrew calendar from heart failure. He was sick for years before his heart couldn't do the job anymore. He knew it was coming and in the weeks before he died we spent a lot of time talking. 

But enough serious stuff.

Shalom Neuman was determined to combine a group show opening at the museum with a reading and music. He asked me to be the emcee and I agreed. We got some writers from New York to come out, including Andrei Codrescu, Jim Feast, Ron Kolm, Dorothy Friedman, Shalom Neuman and others.

I rarely write here about what story I read or told at these events. Today is different. It was August and I was inspired to tell a Christmas story. It was set in the basement of an unnamed second hand bookshop. One of the clerks was having an argument with a customer who asked the supervisor to intervene.

It was an odd coincidence that Andrei Codrescu was able to identify the person who the clerk was base on and he told me an interesting anecdote about him. It made that night different from most.

I will be updating this post with more names and captions. Stay tuned.



Andrei Codrescu

Lynnea Villanova

Jim Feast

Lee Klein

Dorothy Friedman

Shalom Neuman

Ron Kolm

Pauline Findley

Rebecca Migdal
                                        
Sasha Meret
                                         

Lincoln Anderson

Ivan Nahum

Permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.