tag

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

8/9/2023 Ron Kolm, "The Bookstore Book" book launch reading at the Jefferson Market Library, NYC (catching up #2)

How many times should I put the word book, either on its own or concatenated with store in the title of this or any other entry? Sort of reminds me of a book I love telling kids about a chicken, a library and a librarian, but I digress.

Ron Kolm is an excellent story teller, both in prose and verse. It is exciting that his non-fiction memoirs on his life as an itinerant bookseller for more than half a century is here. It's available at Amazon and select bookstores in NYC and possibly Easton PA. I recommend it. Here you'll meet literary characters such as Valerie Solanas, author of the Scum Manifesto, Gregory Corso who left a few knick knacks behind in an apartment in Buffalo a friend of mine lived in after Corso was unfairly fired from teaching at SUNY Buffalo, Philip Roth and many others. I recommend it. It's published by Pink Trees Press.

I took a Citibike from Grand Central to Greenwich Village in time to sit in and take photos at a very well attended event at the Jefferson Market Branch of the New York Public Library.

Go out and buy the book and read it.

Here's some photos. Sometime soon I'll edit this post with captions for the readers. But not now.












Phillip Giambri


Permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.