tag

Sunday, August 1, 2021

An odd thought on superposition

 I've been spending too much time thinking and not enough time writing, not enough time choosing and prepping photos for my blog.

It's a shame because some of my thoughts might make good writing and many of my photos are worth posting.

A few weeks ago I was hanging some of my photos at the IF Museum in Easton, PA when the museum's founder, Shalom Neuman asked me to pick up at the bus station two poets, Ron Kolm and Sparrow who would be reading that evening at an opening along with other NYC based and Lehigh Valley based writers.

I drove to the bus station but Sparrow and Ron weren't there, so I drove back to the IF Museum where they were just arriving, having decided to walk after all. Ron came over to the car and told me he hadn't heard back from Shalom whether I was coming, and he tried to call me but wasn't sure which number was the right one. He'd forgotten that I'd  liberated myself and given up carrying a mobile phone.

At that moment it occurred to me that though I always knew where I was, to Ron and Sparrow, and anyone else, I could've been anywhere. In a manner of thinking, I was in superposition until observed by someone looking for me. I wonder, does the particle know where it is, where it is going and what its momentum is, even if an outside observer can only know the wave form or cloud of possibilities until he/she/they look for it?

A few photos from around the IF Museum that afternoon and evening during the opening event.







Permalink: https://kayester.blogspot.com/2021/08/an-odd-thought-on-superposition.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.