tag

Friday, August 13, 2021

Friday - Trump is still a LOSER and my hummingbirds don't get much love.

I read that 2/3 of Republicans still have their foolish belief that Ding-dong Donald The Loser Trump really won the election last November. Well, these folks make P.T. Barnum a rosy optimist. He supposedly said, "There's a sucker born every minute." Anybody who believes The Loser Trump, a liar of truly epic proportions - probably the only thing epic about him is his incredible mendacity - is playing the fool, and possibly dangerously so.  And then there are those who meant to donate to the Lying Loser Trump once, but found themselves locked into paying monthly. Well, as it says in Proverbs - and I'll quote the King James Version of the Bible for all those Christians out there who claim to lead sanctified lives but don't, "There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up." In plain English, "A fool and his [or her] money is soon parted."

Well, today is Friday, August 13 and according to the false prophets of Trump the loser and liar, by now he is supposed to be reinstated as President, yet he remains a loser, a liar, a thief and a former President of the United States. For him, we can only hope he gets locked up.

My hummingbirds don't get much love. I admit I'm not a good bird photographer but I figured there'd be at least a little interest in my catching a few shots of them feeding at a feeder and in a flower, as well as on the wing. It turns out that I get about 1/3 fewer views that I do of stuff or people. 

So it goes. I'll keep practicing taking photos of them in my backyard, and maybe I'll get better at it.


I was back in Manhattan yesterday. It was the first time in a couple of weeks. It was a very hot day but that didn't keep everyone indoors, enjoying the comfort of air conditioning. It was nice to see people mostly wearing masks indoors, and when in close contact with others outside. NYC is somehow saner than some other places in the country.

The JPMorgan Chase building is rising and it's a favorite photo topic for me as well as passer-byes. I saw this woman taking shots of it with he phone on Madison Ave., and I mentioned to her how popular a subject it is, and that she should've been around to see its predecessor coming down. 

Her name, I believe, is Abby, she's visiting from Arizona and enjoying the city.

A shot of her taking a pic, checking it out, posing for me and moving along, along with the construction site from a different direction.

This was one of those perfect NYC moments, a little story unto itself.

I love being in Manhattan with my camera.






Permalink:

https://kayester.blogspot.com/2021/08/friday-trump-is-still-loser-and-my.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.