tag

Monday, August 23, 2021

Tuesday - The storm's passed, back to the city tomorrow

 We were lucky where I live. Hurricane Henri didn't come this way. Hardly any wind, little damage but a lot of rain, and I mean a lot of rain. It went on into the early afternoon. From what I heard, NYC had a record rainfall.

Meanwhile, parts of Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts got hit hard. 

Hurricanes are not gentle things. They are fierce, dangerous and overwhelming. You can't stop a hurricane by spitting in the wind.

I am back into the city tomorrow. The rains kept me home today - riding a motor scooter in a downpour is not only uncomfortable but more than a little stupid.

These photos were shot as I arrived at Grand Central Terminal and left via the North Entrance. If you look carefully at one of the photos you will see somebody is giving me the finger. Whether he was doing it so he could sneak a bit of rudeness into the photo or because he really didn't like me taking photos I don't know. He didn't say anything  to me. 

After spotting it, I went and looked at the photos I did not choice and I saw he was giving me a somewhat surreptitious finger, but he wasn't looking at me. Kind of funny. 






Permalink: https://kayester.blogspot.com/2021/08/tuesday-storms-passed-back-to-city.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.