tag

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Tuesday - Hummingbirds in my yard

There are two hummingbird feeders and a lot of flowers blooming and these attract the little self-propelled darts to our backyard.

I don't know a lot about birds, but I do know there are two types of hummingbirds normally seen in this area, the ruby throated and the rufous hummingbird. I am pretty sure both have visited. The past few days I've taken some time in the backyard with my camera handy and got a few shots. They aren't very good as far as bird photography goes, but I'm not a bird photographer or even a nature photographer, neither by practice nor by inclination, so I will settle for what I get.

I think these are mostly females since they aren't very colorful, but I also think it's very cool that I've been able to capture them at all. The move quickly, changing directions and elevation faster than I can snap a photo. Yet it is those activities, and the amazing dance that two will perform, that makes them so much fun to watch. 

There are three sets of photos. In the first group there is  a hummingbird flitting among the flowers.

In the other two sets a hummingbird is visiting each of the feeders.

I don't know what sort of hummingbird this is.














Permalink: https://kayester.blogspot.com/2021/08/monday-hummingbirds-in-my-yard.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.