tag

Saturday, October 3, 2020

Saturday - A lovely autumn Saturday while Trump wheezes in the hospital

It was a lovely day so we took a drive hoping to see lots of fall color. Our route took us north on NY Rt. 22  through Duchess County and then east into Connecticut and south on US 7 through Litchfield County. On the way south we stopped at the Cornwall Bridge Pottery. I first bought hand thrown and hand decorated stoneware from them close to 40 years ago. 

Though there was some color, it wasn't yet peak color time.

It is hard to make light of Doofus Donald's illness. For all the criticisms of him I've had, I've never wished him ill or worse. I just want him out of the White House and out of my life. But this is bad.

As bad as this is, that his magical thinking also caused the contamination of so many around him, is worse. Without evidence I've come to believe that he was sure he would not get sick, and acted in ways that all but assured he'd be exposed and get sick. Again, it's that magical thinking of his, that if he wishes the problem away, it will go away because he believes he has special powers.

I don't know how this will affect the ongoing campaign for president, and for the Senate but I do know it won't stop me from continuing to work toward electing Biden and Harris, unelecting Trump and his toady Pence, and supporting Democratic candidates for all seat against the Repulsive Republicans.

I wonder what Joe Malarkey and Bill Bunkum would say about all of this.

In the pottery's shop, I took some photos and I'm not happy with any of them. The sun shone on a shelf and light/dark contrast was more than I could adapt for. I should've used a flash for fill but I didn't. Here's the results of my playing around.

 








Permalink https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/10/saturday-lovely-autumn-saturday-while.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.