tag

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Thursday - prepping for a Fusion Arts event tomorrow

 Thursday again. Tomorrow I’m to emcee an event at the Van Der Plas Gallery on Orchard Street. The contemporary artist Shalom Neuman is producing. It will be multi-media and both live streamed globally and later broadcast on Czech TV. When I get the details for the live stream, I will post them. 

I only found out I’m the emcee two days ago and while I’m a bit nervous, I know I’ll do fine. Shalom wants me to wear something outrageous but I don’t think I will. It’s enough that I’ll be dealing with art projected onto my face and torso, and juggling a dozen poets and story tellers with fragile egos. I’m suppose to introduce them, making up whatever I want to say. The event is supposed to be political, so I’ve got a nugget of an idea that I can use to springboard into my ad libbed commentary. I will have fun.
 

Ron Kolm is coordinating and Keith Patchel is the sound arts man. Today we ran into a minor hitch. The America talking heads need batteries and Shalom bought rechargeables but there aren’t enough chargers or time. I looked at the battery case for one of the heads and noted to Keith that they looked like AAA but Keith said no, it’s AA. I commented that the older I get the smaller things look.
So we trekked over to a discount store on Ludlow St. near Delancy and bought 150 AA batteries. Of course it turned out that what was needed are AAA. I gotta laugh. At least the problem happened today and not tomorrow.


The photos are of Ron, Shalom, Keith, Adriaan van der Plas’ three assistants and a person who came in to look at the art on the walls of the gallery.








Permalink
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.