tag

Friday, August 7, 2020

Friday - Still no internet service at home. The Democrats in Congress stand their ground

 Because I have no internet service at home thanks to Tropical Storm Isaias, ConEd and Optimum/Altice, I am keeping these posts brief. 

The storm, on Tuesday, wasn't all that bad but it did bring down lots of trees and branches. I was lucky that nothing fell on my house or in my yard but some of my neighbors had a lot of cleaning up to do and the roads around us were partially blocked for more than a day. 

On the other hand, the storm showed how ill-prepared ConEd is to handle these sort of things, and how the Cable TV/Internet providers who piggy back on the same utility lines cannot handle this sort of outage. 

The commuter railroad, MetroNorth Harlem Line, had trees fall across the tracks in several places, damaging track and power infrastructure, pretty much shutting down northern Westchester on Wednesday. By Thursday they had opened the line I'm on about 1/3 of the way north from White Plains, and today about half the remaining distance on the electrified line. It was a good but not great response.

 I will say that I am pleased that the Democrats in Congress are not caving in to the Repulsives. They know they have the clout, and they know that enough Repulsives in the Senate are in tough races and need to get a Corona Virus relief package. Even Moscow Mitch is finding himself in a tough spot, between Boogers for Brains in the Oval Orifice, the crazy extremists in his party such as Rand Paul and Ted Cruz and the working people on line at the food banks, not to say he gives a damn about the latter.

Well, it's less than 100 days until the election and it is up to us to UNELECT THE REPULSIVE REPUBLICAN, kick Doofus Donald Trump out into the street and then arrest him, try and convict him  and LOCK HIM UP!

 Limited access means nopt a lot of time to edit and post photos. I took these pix of one of my cats on Wednesday, and we all know that cats rule the universe. She doesn't know if she likes to pose but she does like to hang out with me.






Permalink https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/08/friday-still-no-internet-service-at-home.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.