tag

Monday, August 3, 2020

Monday - Back into Manhattan, now waiting for Isaias. Trump upset because Brix told the truth

I got back into Manhattan today. The train in the AM was a little fuller than it had been but there was more than enough space for all the passengers. The platform was a tad more crowded too, as you will see if you look at the picture I post. The streets, still mostly empty which still feels weird.

I went out for a midday walk and was pleased to see my first food truck - Diso's Italian Hero's - on Park Avenue. I chatted briefly with one of the crew and now I know what days they are there. 

I also had a confirmed out-of-town visitor sighting. I chatted briefly with them. They weren't from very far away - Connecticut - but they aren't regular commuters. they were in the city for a short honeymoon. They were pleasant and I was happy to see them. I'll post a shot of them, too.

I was also pleased to see that Doofus Donald "Boogers for Brains" Trump was making it all about him again. Dr Brix made a statement about how the virus is spreading into all parts of the country and extra caution is needed. So what did the a-hole-in-chief do? He tweeted that she's pathetic for making him look bad. It doesn't take much to make him look bad, but this performance is right up there with him whining about Dr. Fauci having a significantly higher approval rating than he has.

The sTrump'et mafia restarted their tv ads, attacking Joe Biden with a libel concerning his religious beliefs and attitudes toward religion. Mr. Biden is pretty mild when it comes to government interference with religion and in truth, I fear he will not do much to protect people from religion. I know people think I am religious because I regularly attend services but attendance and faith are two very different things. People of faith are a mystery to me but I'm okay as long as they keep it to themselves. When they start preaching to me, I have to walk away. sTrump'et is even less religious than me, and if anything he is a blasphemer and a major sinner. But he's hooked a large portion of the Evangelical Christians in America, who have drank his Kool Aid and not yet vomited up the poison. I don't know what they fear - nobody I know wants to take their religion away from them, but they aren't satisfied with that. They want to impose their structure on everyone. Pretty screwed up.

I think Biden is a believer in Catholic doctrine and also in government and religion being separate. I can live with that.

Unelect Trump and then LOCK HIM UP!

There is some order to these photos. First, the empy parking lot and platform in Chappaqua, including a pair of socially distanced bicycles, then the platform in Grand Central Terminal; then empty streets, a food truck and a pair of newly weds from out of town.











Permalink https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/08/monday-back-into-manhattan-now-waiting.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.