tag

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Saturday - The outside of the house is looking great. Trump looks like crap but don't tell him.

The carpenters and painters are hard at work making the outside of my 210 year old farmhouse look great. I think it looks better now than at any time since I bought it, including after the last exterior paint job. I  am pleased and I will be even happier when it's done and we can get back to normal around here.

Between the painter's van, the carpenter's van and the assistant carpenter's car, getting in and out of my driveway has become an amusing automotive ballet. For short trips without packages, I've been using the motor scooter. Riding the 18 year old Malaguti Yesterday is fun except in the rain or when it's cold, so I can't say I'm complaining. But the one-lung scooter, with a shade under 50cc displacement, goes up the steep hills at about half speed - say 15 MPH, which causes some of the drivers behind me to become impatient. They should be glad I'm not pedaling at half that speed. Going downhill it is zippy and I usually rein it in before it hits 40 MPH. That's still too slow for some of those trailing me, though the posted limit is 35 MPH. I can't say I'm too sympathetic since I'm usually not going more than 3-4 miles on most trips.

Today was a perfect day to take a ride, and I did a loop from my house to Chappaqua to Pleasantville and back. There's one hill that big trucks can't take at the speed limit and you can be sure I can't either.

I am still shaking my head at how nasty Pedophile Enabler Jim Jordan was toward both Fauci and Giroir, as if their calm and levelheaded approach to attacking the pandemic was a personal attack on Jordan, who obviously sees the diseases as directed at him, his beloved leader - that is Boogers for Brains sTrump'et, and everything he believes in, rather than a killer slaughtering over a hundred fifty thousand Americans and many more around the world. 

Because his brain froze sometime in the past, he cannot change, so he rants and rails and postures for his base as a demagogue and an ideologue. People like him, when they talk about "the left," which is anyone who has not drank his particular Kool Aid, are horrified by his performance. If I lived in his district I'd be ringing everyone and telling them that if they are people of good conscience, they should dump him yesterday.

In the Congress, where the People should matter, millions are left hanging as the Repulsive Republicans cannot see the misery they are causing. Everywhere they look it's a conspiracy against them and their core beliefs. Well, they may have convinced a lot of people that the assholes in the Senate, generally but not exclusively Repulsives, and in the House, also mostly Repulsives, to vote against their own best interests. but anyone with half a brain sees that those Repulsives mostly don't give a damn about anything except themselves and holding onto power at any cost.

In the White House, anarchy rules while the sTrump'et lies and deceives himself. Let him keep at it until he is ushered out of the office next winter.

Unelect Trump
Dump the Repulsives out of the Senate.

I still am amazed at how empty midtown Manhattan is during a weekday. A few I took yesterday.







Permalink https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/08/saturday-outside-of-house-is-looking.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.