tag

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Saturday - I won't catch up but I won't stop either

I doubt I'll post daily as I did until early November last year, but I plan to do this much more frequently than I did during the past 6 months. So look at me, the second night in a row!

One of the things I did when I got the new camera was take pictures of the cats that live here. There are still just the two, and I've posted photos of them before. The grey blue one is Bits. She was adopted as an adult about 6 1/2 years ago from a no-kill shelter. We didn't pick her, she picked us and since then has made our home hers, and seems pretty darn happy about it. Right now, as I write, she's sitting on the back of a sofa, gazing out the window into the nighttime backyard, occasionally making a small sound to let me know she's there and wouldn't mind if I'd pause to scratch her gently behind the ear or stroke her fur.

She knows her rights and she makes sure she gets them. 

The other one, with the long fur has two names. I call him Pancake, so that's what you'll read. He was adopted as a kitten. I wasn't completely pleased because it seemed to me that after living with two cats for years, it was nice sharing my space with just one. I didn't have final say, so as a kitten he came into the house and disrupted Bits' serene, regal existence. He still does. 

I've posted pix of him drinking from the bathtub faucet, and I've written about how he doesn't like to drink alone. These have not changed.

Love them or not, anyone who lives with cats know they are individuals who are not in any way reluctant to let you know that you might be bigger and stronger, you might be able to pick them up when they want to be left alone, and seem to dominate them in many things, but they are still boss and anything that you do, it's because they let you. They may or may not rule the universe but the do rule the house.








Permalink:

https://kayester.blogspot.com/2021/05/saturday-i-wont-catch-up-but-i-wont.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.