tag

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Thursday - A short post on a diner

 I like diners. No, I love diners but only ones that are good or better. One of the things I missed during the months and months of the pre-vaccine pandemic was weekly supper at a diner, more often than not the Thornwood Coach Diner. The one closest to my heart and I have a dinnertime rule: no screens. Her smartphone goes away, if we are home I fold down the screen of the laptop computer on the table, and we eat and chat.We made this rule first at the diner and it made our meals so much more enjoyable.  Even the most mundane takeout or leftovers become a romantic dinner if you are really spending the time together.

The Thornwood Coach has had a couple of owners during the years I've been going there. The menu has evolved over time - there were no panini on the menu 30 years ago - yet the ideal of delivering consistent, well made diner food at diner prices in a generally neighborly environment hasn't changed. 

The day we got our first of two Covid-19 jabs we went to eat indoors. It was with a small amount of anxiety - after all, we weren't fully vaccinated yet - that dined but they had solid protocols in place - the booths were separated by high partitions, seated was limited and everyone was masked - so we relaxed.

Here's a few photos I shot.




Permanlink:

https://kayester.blogspot.com/2021/05/thursday-short-post-on-s-diner.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.