tag

Friday, May 7, 2021

Time to start posting again

 I know it's been a little over 6 months since I last posted. That is a long time and I have no excuse. Around the time of the election the pandemic intensified with a second wave that made it less comfortable to commute into NYC. The election was also a period of great anxiety as lying Donald Trump and his very evil die-hard supporters started pushing the big lie that the election was stolen from him. Honest Republicans accepted the integrity of the process and tried to move on. Even the morally questionable Attorney General, William Barr, indicated there was no indication of fraud, which got him booted from the administration. For treasonous, maniac Trump, if you didn't kiss his butt and toady up to him, your disloyalty was worse than opposition.

Biden's first few months have eased some of that anxiety. He's showing himself to be more activist and more determined than I expected, and I am pleased. While the treasonous former President Trump did push the Covid vaccine development program, he thoroughly failed to get the vaccine out to the nation and in that, showed again his failure as a leader. Biden has gotten the vaccine out and is rapidly making it available to everyone. Here I will say that refusing to be vaccinated is both foolish and borderline criminal.

I'm vaccinated and I've been going back into the city twice a week.

I bought a camera at the end of last year and I've been spending time learning to use it. For a long time I used Canon cameras but after researching a camera to replace the one that was wearing out, I found that I would do better moving to the Sony platform, so that's what I've got. It's a process getting used to the controls and the system in general, but I feel I've done pretty well. 

Beginning in the winter, I started shooting in differing conditions and I've been spending time studying the results. In general, I'm very pleased and I've been creating wonderful prints from some of these .

To welcome myself back, I'm posting a small group of photos I shot during the winter. They were taken during a couple of walks in the snow-covered Kensico Cemetery near Valhalla, NY. 

Stay tuned, there will be more to follow.








Permalink: https://kayester.blogspot.com/2021/05/time-to-start-posting-again.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.