tag

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Saturday - Unsettled weather here, sinking White House there.

I had to go for a Covid-19 test today. It's not because I'm sick but because I have to go for some routine, quadrennial medical tests next week as an outpatient at a local hospital. I'm most likely fine but as for the Covid-19 test, the hospital requires it and I say better safe than sorry.

It was a strange experience. The nurse, correctly swaddled in PPE had me pull my mask below my nose, tilt my head way back and then she stuck this long swab way down in my nose. It was uncomfortable but the discomfort quickly passed and I was on my way.

Anyone who believes this pandemic is a hoax or the disease is mild and barely touches anyone should think again. If you live in southern NY state, say from Rockland County south, and you don't know anyone who has been touched by the disease, you are either lying or willfully ignorant. Not only have quite a few of my friends and my wife had it, but six people from my parents' generation, people I knew, died from the disease or complications from it. If you go back to April and May posts, I put up pictures of them.

And if you are the sort of person that says, "Oh they were old and were going to die anyway," then you need to get an attitude check because it could've been someone in your family.

Wear your mask, practice social distancing otherwise you are being selfish and stupid.

Down in Washington DC, the baby-in-chief has resumed being the a-hole-in-chief. He too commuted Roger Stone's sentence. Roger Stone was rightfully convicted of several serious crimes all of which involved undermining the democratic process and most likely involved illegal foreign influence on the last Presidential election. Commuting his sentence was purely corrupt. If corruption can be pure it would only be because it was untainted by anything good or clean. The sTrump'et is surely the most corrupt president of my lifetime and everything he touches is sullied.

If only 12 more US Senators were honest he would've been removed from office. I won't say Pence is any better - he's a smug self righteous pompous pussy who toadies up to the Doofus Donald and if you look closely you might see his nose is smeared with brown stuff, but I don't know if he is as corrupt to the core.

A friend with whom I've lost contact once said, "beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes to the heart."

One look at the face of Doofus Donald the sTrump'et and you know what ugly to the heart is.

I'm not a fan of Mitt Romney but in his return to politics, he shows a streak of honest independence that borders on being admirable.

Unelect Trump. Work to flip the Senate.

And let's say it all together now so loud that the Doofus Donald will hear, "Lock HIM up!!."
I think you know who I mean.

So yes, we must unelect Trump.

These photos continue a theme I started yesterday. They are street photos but the geometry matters.











Permalink http://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/07/saturday-unsettled-weather-here-sinking.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.