tag

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Tuesday - The scammer spammers are attacking but I fend them off just as I fend off the sTrump'et's lies

Wow, the number of scam/spam messages hitting my message app has gone up today, as have hang-ups to my office number, which I forward. It's annoying but I am not stupid. If I don't know what it's about I don't click on it. And if it looks like it's from someone I know but not what I'd usually get from that person, I don't open it, but check to see if it's really from their email. Easy enough to do.

I don't know why the sudden uptick. It might have something to do with the ongoing pandemic and people working from home. Just because I'm not in the office, I don't suddenly become stupid or careless. If anything, my caution right now is especially heightened.

Westchester is entering Phase 4 of reopening. Locally, the New Castle Town Board is enacting a local ordinance mandating masks and making it enforceable with fines and such. The local police are appreciative because they were uncomfortable that the state did not offer enforceable guidance and what with all the lawyers that live in the town, there would be too many court cases and fines tossed.

Certainly wearing a mask and practicing social distancing is not a political issue unless you make it into one. It's a simple public health requirement and if you are willing to wear pants and cover your genitals, what the hell is wrong with covering your nose and mouth in public? Of course, stupid is as stupid does.

The recent incidents of violent automotive attacks on peaceful demonstrators is a disturbing trend. The fascists, neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, Klansfolk, and other such fearful haters are trying to cow those they oppose. They have been using death threats, doxxing and on-line bullying, but it seems those tactics haven't kept people from opposing their hateful opinions. So what, their desperation do they do next? Now they are getting behind the wheels of their cars and driving into people. One dead in Seattle, without a word from our fearful leader, the a-hole-in-chief, another attack today in Indianapolis where on the Fourth of July there was a racist attack on a man that looked like a lynching in the making but bystanders didn't just stand by, they stopped it.

I don't quite understand where this bile, hate and sense of entitled grievance comes from. I don't think we can change anyone's mind once it's become so vile and evil, the poison having seeped to the bone, though I do hope that some people will see the evil of their ways and reform themselves - I am a stupid optimist at times. What we can do is to make it so that their hate and irrationality is so little tolerated that all they can do is shut the fuck up and be polite. In this, along with Doofus Donald, the hater-in-chief, the enabler-in-chief, they are on the wrong side and they will lose.

That said, gotta love Mary Trump's portrait of the Doofus Donald, the sTrump'et himself, as being vain  and narcissistic to the point of self-destruction, a liar and cheat in all of his activities, and unable to tolerate any criticism or contrary opinion around him.

After three and a half years of his bullshit, we can hope that Abe Lincoln was right, that you can't fool most of the people most of the time, and we toss him out and then throw the book at him and his co-conspirators.

Unelect Trump! It's the right thing to do.

Tonight I post some pictures shot indoors, inside Grand Central Terminal. Most were shot in the main concourse, that spectacular room that even jaded commuters sometimes pause to notice. The others were shot on the lower level.









Permalink
http://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/07/tuesday-scammer-spammers-are-attacking.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.