tag

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Tuesday - I'm doing fine. Trump is really losing it.

It's been about seven months since I had knee replacement surgery so it was time for a follow up visit with the orthopedist. I had the x-rays taken of both knees two weeks ago and today I had a chance to see them. A prosthetic knee doesn't look anything like a real knee on the inside but it doesn't look any different on the outside. The biggest difference for me is the end of pain, the ability to lead a normal life.

My other knee is pretty worn well worn out. As the doctor said, it is bad though not quite as bad as the one that was replaced. The funny thing is, it doesn't hurt much and I'm able to do just about everything I can do with the new knee - hike, row, bike, take long urban walks. I guess after about 3 miles it gets a little sore, but that's about six times further than  I could walk on the other one, and since the replacement went in, the other feels better. The doctor and I agreed that it might be because I'm not favoring the old bad one, so this one is being used normally.

In the x-ray I could see where the bone is on the bone, and that there are spurs in the back of the joint that keep me from fully straightening my leg, but as long as it isn't painful, I'm not going to do anything about it.

I got to thinking about the person running on the Repulsive ticket for NY State Senate in my district, Rob "Sock Puppet" Astorino.. He is man who can lie and smile at the same time. He claims he is fiscally responsible despite the verifiable fact that when he was County Executive in Westchester, we received consecutive credit rating drops causing the county to do its borrowing at a higher interest rate, leaving his sucessor with a deeper hole to fill, which the Democrat did. Astorino is not only a climate change denier but actively worked to undermine efforts in the county to improve the environment. About the only thing I can say about him is that in person, he's not a total asshole.

Pete Harkham is doing right by the district - weekly food drives during the pandemic for instance, regular covid-19 updates, and keeping the state budget under control. 
Relect Harkham.


I did love the sTrump'et's latest bit of posturing, announcing he won't be able to throw out the first pitch for the Yankee's home opener. The announcement caught he own team and the Yankees by surprise because he had not been asked. So yeah, he won't be able to but not because he's too busy dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic as he claimed, because he certainly has enough time to get out on the golf course,

There was still no pandemic aid bill. The Repulsives are choking on anything verging on saving the economy and keeping drowning families from going under. It is pathetic. I don't think he can listen to his own administration when it comes to the virus. He said, "“you can look at large portions of our country — it’s corona-free,” while federal officials listed 21 states with outbreaks so bad they are in the "red zone," 28 in the "yellow zone," and only one, Vermont, is green. And Doofus Donald scratches that orange thing on his head while his booger brains complains that health officials in his administration are more popular and trusted than he.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

So Unelect Trump, win back the Senate for the disgusting Repulsive Party.

The photos were taken a couple of years ago on a sunny, Sunday afternoon in Manhattan, and included a visit to Katz's Delicatessen on Houston St. in Manhattan.








Permalink
https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/07/tuesday.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.