tag

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Wednesday -

Since the onslaught of the Covid-19 virus, I've been home most of the time except when I go out for a walk or to the market so all outings are an event. Tonight we ordered food to be picked up from a local taqueria that we particularly like. I drove into town to get the food. Chappaqua's streets are pretty quiet, and nobody getting off the train and leaving the parking lot. There were three people eating inside, two near the sidewalk and one by himself at a table. None of them were wearing masks and the two men were certainly pretty close to each other, though on opposite sides of the table.  The location has a glass panel garage door type front wall and it was open, so the ventilation was very good and I wasn't worried for myself but still ... after the 35+ cases of Covid-19 that occurred in town less than two weeks ago because some kids and their parents were incautious.

I do get to stay on top of the news as it's happening much more than when I'm in the office. It's easy to get distracted by it, and what with the fool on the hill, I mean the fool in the White House, I think I need to pay attention even if I cannot listen to him speaking or watch his broadcasts. I read what he said and I shake my head in disgust, amazement and perhaps a little fear more often than I'd like. This man is simply too bat-shit crazy to be believed!

His niece defined it: he's a narcissist with strong feelings of insecurity. I've said it often, he needs to surround himself with toadies, brown nosers, fawning acolytes and yes-men and -women. Their job is all the more difficult now because they have to shield him from news and reports that will upset him. That was some of the gist of what the woman who is his intelligence briefer said, and that's messed up.

Today we say a particularly sTrump'etian drama play out. The CDC issued guidelines for schools to follow before reopening, and they were stringent. Doofus Donald went publicly ballistic, belittling and condemning them because he thinks the virus is going away and we can all just get back to our normal lives - albeit wearing masks is now okay with him. Later, the Secretary of Health, Spineless Azar made a point that these are only guidelines, and someone somewhere must have screamed at somebody - that tale told by an idiot I am sure - because later the CDC revised them.

It reminded me of Sharpiegate.

The child in the White House is dangerous to you, to me and to our country. It is important that we work to unelect him this fall.

I wonder, after he is out of office, indicted and convicted of a felony and sentenced to prison, does he still keep his Secret Service detail?

But this is getting way ahead of ourselves. We need to work our butts off this summer and into the fall to UNELECT TRUMP!

Pictures tonight are part of an ongoing series I call, What I Saw. It includes Minor Crimes Against Humanity. One of these is part of that series.







Permalink 
http://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/07/wednesday.html

1 comment:

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.