tag

Monday, June 15, 2020

Monday - I meant to post this months ago: To Spokane from NY via Amtrak, Aug 2017

I began putting this post together several months ago but never finished it. I don't know why. Here it is now, and I might post again later today.

August 2017 we travelled from New York to Spokane, taking Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited to Chicago and the Empire Builder from Chicago to Spokane, and returned the same way a week later. The train ride was great. We had sleeping accommodations on all trains and unlike the trip a few years ago to Fargo, the trains were all well maintained. 

I shot quite a few photos during the trip but haven't taken the time to edit them all yet. Shooting from inside the train, through its windows, was challenging. Traveling across the high plains of North Dakota and especially Montana, the windows became covered with dust so there were stretches where I simply gave it up. But Other times, there was a startling beauty to the scenery and I could not help but make an effort.

I've included here a sample of shots from the train along with photos I took during the break in Chicago between trains. One of the pleasures of the trip was having a few hours between arriving from NY and leaving for Spokane, and the reverse. Chicago is a great town to walk around and take pictures of people. 





   





Permalink
http://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/06/monday-i-meant-to-post-this-months-ago.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.