tag

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Sunday - if it wasn't for the pandemic and for the urgent need to address American racism . . .

If not for those things it would've been a perfect day. As things are, it wasn't a bad day at all. Aside from the weather, which was pretty amazing in these parts, the slow and steady decline in new cases of Covid-19 locally and the beautiful, peaceful but still forceful marches for justice, for an end to institutionalized racism - yes Atty. General Barr, this is a problem in American police forces as well as most American institutions, and denying it is both part of the problem and a strong demonstration of your own White privilege - made today a great Sunday, even it is the 86th day since I last went into Manhattan.

We made the most of it, me stolidly walking around the Kensico Dam Plaza this morning, she in her garden a good part of the day, both of us enjoying a terrific dinner together.

It's our newest tradition since we don't get out to eat right now, that we open no screens while we eat dinner and instead engage with each other. It's quite nice.

My walk around the Plaza this morning was strenuous and enjoyable. I decided to use my telephoto zoom lens today instead of the prime lens I've been mostly using. I like the overall look of the pictures I take with the prime lens but most of the shots posted here today I could not have gotten with the short lens. 

"The Rising" is a favorite subject for me, and in every light, from various angles and at differing perspectives, I shoot it again and again.






Permalink
http://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/06/sunday-if-it-wasnt-for-pandemic-and-for.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.