tag

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Thursday - Another bad day for sTrumpet, not too bad for me

The sense of things slowly moving toward a new normal - yes, with masks and some social distancing for most of us, less of it for some - is growing. Tomorrow will be Governor Cuomo's last daily Covid-19 mid-day update, Westchester is entering the third stage, the number of active cases continues to drop, new cases are in decline and acting smart has seemed to work.

I admit to still suffering from a case of attenuated cabin fever. I can go out and take walks but without much human interaction, at least not up close. It's nice that Nathan's and Mr. Softee are back at the Kensico Dam Plaza, and I expect the playground will reopen shortly as will, I hope the 9-11 memorial, The Rising.

On the political front, sTrumpet wants to know who leaked the news that he'd been rushed into the White House bunker during the demonstration. He is such an a-hole. He has to lie when he'd have been better off saying nothing. No, he said, nobody made me go down there, I went there to inspect it. Oh give us all a break. sTrumpet, you are transparently a liar and you don't know how to tell the truth. Even your corrupt toady of an attorney general wouldn't back you up on this.

He is frustrated on every front. He wants to stuff the Supreme Court with appointees who will do as he wants, but he hasn't figured it out that once they are there, they are not beholden to him any longer. Granted that today's DACA reprieve was not supported by either of his appointees, but it shows the limits to his reach.

Let's unelect him this years, and take back the Senate, too.

A few photos of escalators mostly in and around Grand Central Terminal, and one of the door to the control room. I have more of these and as I find ones I like, I'll do another post.







Permalink 
http://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/06/thursday-another-bad-day-for-strumpet.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.