tag

Friday, June 12, 2020

Friday - yesterday's summer rain turned to early summer delight

A warm day but of the type so easily enjoyed for it's clear air and slight breeze. A perfect afternoon to go for a walk, which I did.

I watched a movie I should've watched more than 30 years ago when it was released, but did not. "Pelle the Conqueror" is a Danish/Swedish film of great delicacy in its storytelling and marvelous characterization. Max Von Sydow plays the central figure, a sad, upright older man, the father of the title character, who struggles. His life is one of want and labor, but he is a good man and is raising a good child who, we can hope, grew up to be a good man, too.

I found no flaws in the movie, and as it ended, elegiacally with Pelle departing the farm where his father, too old to hit the road, will stay, I found myself thinking about how hard to love so well, and be brokenhearted when the fledgling leaves the nest.

I recommend the movie to anyone who doesn't require a film that is noisy, loud and overly violent.

Just a few photos tonight. I begin with a triptych: a couple have come out of a store. They see me but can only scowl. I think they are tourists.

I follow this with two street portraits and a street scene. This is the human comedy as seen through my eyes.
 




Permalink http://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/06/friday-yesterdays-summer-rain-turned-to.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.