tag

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Thursday - Not much to add that the news hasn't already said

Today I mostly worked at home, making calls and sending emails. Nothing much to report there. I am waiting waiting waiting for the epidemic to abate, for NYC to reopen, for my world to become a simulacrum of what it was, even if I still need to wear a mask, still need to think about social distancing, at least for awhile.

The news from DC was less dire. That many senior voices in the military spoke out for the Constitution and not for the constipated orange headed thing we are forced to call our president, the fearful leader, the man of no good character, was reassuring, but would they stand firm in the face of a direct order? 

Locally, things are calm. There are demonstrations scheduled for White Plains, informal gatherings in protest of institutionalized racism in the villages and hamlets. I believe the more voices that speak out against the racism, the hatred of Blacks, Hispanics and other minorities, and for a nation that is both more just and merciful, the more we are likely to continue the journey of change. This won't happen overnight but it will never happen if we do nothing.

But enough about this. Some photos and amusing ones at that, at least in my eyes.

I live with two cats. One is about 7 years old and the other about 5. They both love to check out empty cartons, will take turns sitting in one. I could caption these pix but I choose to let the viewer imagine what is going on inside their minds, and what they might be saying to each other.





 Permalink    http://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/06/thursday-not-much-to-add-that-news.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.