tag

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Wednesday - Nice enough day and I finally got my hair cut!

I don't know what to say. Yesterday was Primary Election Day in NY State. I voted by mail a week or so ago. On my ballot was a long slate of candidates running for the Democratic Party nomination for the House of Representatives. After a half a lifetime, Nita Lowey was retiring at the end of this term, and a spectrum of candidates from liberal to very liberal are running to take her spot of the ballot this fall. So far, with a lot of votes still to, be counted, Mondaire Jones, a Harvard educated attorney, has a strong lead. I've no objection to him. I was pleased to see that Rob Astorino, former Westchester County Executive, a committed conservative, did not run for the Republican line. He's a nice guy, I've commuted with him before he became County Executive, but politically I find many of his views too extreme. As far as I can tell, the Republican Party candidate is a sTrump'etista, and in her statements shows herself to be dangerous as well as deluded. I will actively support the Democrat.

Meanwhile, over on Pennsylvania Avenue, the a-hole-in-chief is hunkered down, surrounded by toadies and ass kissers. I wonder if they are as delusional and dangerous as our wannabe tyrant, the Doofus Donald himself, is?

Let's get them out of there and put sanity back in the executive branch. Unelect sTrump'et and his enablers.

A couple of summers ago I saw this wedding couple come out of a fairly new hotel on Orchard Street in Manhattan. They were there to be photographed so I saw no reason not to grab a few shots of my own. It's part of an ongoing series called "What I Saw."








Permalink
http://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/06/wednesday.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.