tag

Friday, May 29, 2020

Friday - the end of May, early summer in Chappaqua

When I write these posts, sometimes I write as if I'm in Manhattan, not 30 miles north of midtown. It's a mental state, and no doubt I am usually in a NY state of mind. 

But I live in the woods, as I've shown, and the good thing is that it's nice to sleep where it's quiet at night, and great to be able to be where there's action when I want to. Except right now there's no action, while NYC recovers from the epidemic, and Westchester slowly reopens.

Tomorrow, I'll go to the Farmers' Market. I don't know what I'll get but whatever it is, it will be something different from what I'd buy at the supermarket.

These photos are very NYC to me, in that they catch people in moments of total isolation while still surrounded by the masses. There is definitely a place for repose in the heart of the city.

You might notice that in three of them, the self-isolating individuals are deeply engrossed in an object in their hand and it isn't a book.






Permalink
http://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/05/friday-end-of-may-early-summer-in.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.