tag

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Saturday - Drizzly May day, market day

I never know what I'm going to write when I start a new posting. I simply sit down with the blank screen and start writing. When I first started these small posts about two months ago, I didn't know I'd be doing it daily and I didn't think this pandemic would be dragging on into the beginning of summer. But I have been and it has, so there I am, sitting at the keyboard not really giving much thought to this, more concerned that the photos I post make sense to me, yet it is a way of marking time.

Despite the drizzle, the Pleasantville Farmers' Market was busy. There was no line to get in, but the turnover of people leaving and coming was constant and as always, the vegetable farms, the poultry farms and a couple of other stands had their usual lines, but now, instead of people bunching up together and standing shoulder to shoulder while picking over the offerings, we stand about six feet apart, a couple of feet back from the stand, and the farm worker picks the veggies for us, puts them in a basket and carries them to the register. And nobody complains, most people seem pretty jolly just to be outside with other humans around them, all of us masked so every one of us looks beautiful. Wearing these face coverings makes us all more equal.

Today's photos are a short sequence I shot last summer at the Deli n'Dogz food truck. Their specialty is NY style deli food, and they do make a very good pastrami sandwich. The men on this food truck take their work seriously and treat their customers well.





Permalink

https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/05/saturday-drizzly-may-day-market-day.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.