tag

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Wednesday - It's Wednesday already?

Of course it's Wednesday. The recycling was picked up today.

It has been a glorious week if weather is the thing you measure glory by. But as for reopening downstate NY, not as glorious as we could wish for. We aren't quite there yet.

I did get out. I took a ride on the ancient - well nearly 20 year old 50cc Malaguti scooter and it was fun. The poor little scooter isn't very happy going up the steep hills around here with my 190 lb. body on it's seat, but so what. If there's somebody behind me who wants to pass when I'm going uphill, that's their problem. When I get to the top there's no issue with 30 mph and and I'm not really going that far.

Anyway, back to Kensico Dam and those photos I took about a week ago. What a beautiful morning that was, and I really do like these pix enough to post more.

It's a great spot. From the top of the dam you can see Kensico Cemetery on the other side of the Bronx River, and geese flying overhead. People come to walk, to relax and to work out.They fellow in the pic below just finished running up the stairs from the base of the dam. It's about the equivalent of 10 or 12 stories. Pretty damn good if you ask me.









Permalink

https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/05/wednesday-its-wednesday-already.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.