tag

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Thursday - Ok, the weather was unspeakably beautiiful

The great downstate NY lockdown continues unabated. Where I live, people are mostly doing their best to maintain their distance, avoiding gathering in even small groups, hanging out at a safe distance, waiting patiently in line at the supermarket, ordering takeout for pickup at the restaurant's door, and so on.

I did get out in the late afternoon for a walk at Kensico Dam Plaza. The parking lot was full, the plaza was not. I don't know how many acres it is but the longer walking look is a bit over a mile. The county's posted signs encouraging one-way walking/cycling/skating/running and incredibly most people do just that, walk in the indicated direction.

If you want some photos of Kensico Dam look at what I posted yesterday and other days. Today, my photos today take me back to NYC and a subject close to my stomach: the people who work the food trucks and carts that feed the hungry and sometimes adventurous NYers at lunch.

I long for some of those tastes. Diso's heroes, Magdy's cheesesteak, Mystik Masala's biryani, Rafiqi's falafel, Quik Gourmet's kati rolls . . . I could go on and on.

I'm working up an appetite just thinking about it.

Here's a quick quintet of the people plus one delectable pita.






 Permalink
https://kayester.blogspot.com/2020/05/thursday-ok-weather-was-unspeakably.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you wish. Comments will be moderated.